Getting ready to put your home up for sale? Phil Hotle, CENTURY 21 Scheetz REALTOR® in Indianapolis shares great ideas to make your home more appealing to buyers.
- Spruce up the kitchen. The kitchen more than any other room, sells the home. “Do simple things like paint the walls, update the cabinet hardware, install new light fixtures and window treatments. It will give the space a clean, fresh look.”
- Clean and clear out all the clutter. “It makes the rooms appear bigger and brighter. Nothing drives away a potential buyer more than clutter, grime, and a messy home. Let the light in.”
- Enhance the exterior. “Do a bit of landscaping and make sure the lawn is mowed. Clean and paint around the front door to make sure it is inviting. First impressions are important.”
- Freshen up the bathroom. “Putting on a fresh coat of paint and hanging new towels are an inexpensive fix. Installing new bathroom fixtures will make the space look brighter and more appealing. Give it a really good cleaning.”
- Hire a real estate agent to market your home. “A REALTOR® will know the local market conditions to maximize your home’s sale price. By taking professional photos, creating a variety of marketing materials including a virtual tour, holding open houses, your home will be showcased in the best way possible on multiple websites. Buyers today are using mobile phones or tablets to search for homes, so it’s important that the marketing materials are designed to be viewed from those devices.”
If you have questions, please contact Phil Hotle at CENTURY 21 Scheetz, 317-705-2559.